Your first appointment with a Fertility Specialist in Brisbane will cost approximately $120 – $140 after Medicare Rebates have been claimed.
We offer Queensland’s lowest IVF costs, and access to donor sperm at our Brisbane Clinics including:
- Our Bulk Billed IVF Program is available at our Brisbane Clinics (Bowen Hills and North Lakes). Your IVF cycle is managed by a Fertility Doctor (all appointments are bulk billed) and our experienced nursing team. Our Bulk Billed IVF protocol is safe and tailored. Each IVF cycles costs around $1,000, click here for more detail.
- Our Full Service Fertility & IVF Treatment Program is personally overseen by the Fertility Specialist of your choice. Treatment options include customised IVF as well as other comprehensive investigations or less invasive, and more budget friendly options. Click here for costs.
- Our Bulk Billed Artificial Insemination (IUI) Program is available at our Brisbane Clinics (Bowen Hills and North Lakes). Treatment is managed by a Fertility Doctor alongside our experienced nursing team. Click here for costs.
How much does Treatment Using Donor Sperm cost?
We have a comprehensive Anonymous Sperm Donor Program at Life Fertility Clinic in Brisbane. The Sperm Donor Program can be accessed through either our Bulk Billed or Full Service Program. There is no waiting list for treatment.
In addition to fees for your IVF treatment you can also expect to pay:
- Anonymous Donor Sperm – $1,400 (per IVF treatment cycle)
- Coordination Fee – additional $700 (per IVF treatment cycle)
- ICSI – $350-480 (per IVF treatment cycle)
How much will my fertility tests cost?
Depending on your medical history a variety of tests will be recommended for you and your partner (if relevant). These may include blood tests that will investigate:
- Hormone levels (reproductive and thyroid function)
- Infectious diseases (e.g. HIV, Hep B & C, rubella)
- Chromosomal analysis (also known as karyotyping)
These tests are typically bulk billed if you have a Medicare Card.
There are some other tests that may be needed to give your Fertility Specialist a thorough understanding of your reproductive health. These may include:
- AMH test and ultrasound scan for the female partner
- Semen analysis for the male partner.
There will be some out-of-pocket costs associated with these depending on which pathology lab is used. There can be quite some variation in pricing, so you may want to phone your local pathology provider to find out their current pricing before having your tests.
Will my Private Health Insurance cover IVF treatment?
If you are in a private health fund, and have the appropriate level of cover, you may be eligible to claim a rebate for the following:
- Some medications
- A portion of the fees for your treating doctor when treated in hospital
- Hospital admission, anaesthetist and theatre fees.
We recommend that you contact your private health insurer to confirm the benefits that may be available to you.
IVF and Medicare
At Life Fertility we try and keep your IVF costs as affordable as possible and pride ourselves on being accessible to all patients. Many treatments and services are eligible for a significant Medicare rebate and are often not as expensive as you might expect.
You and your partner should register for the Extended Medicare Safety Net (EMSN) so that you will be eligible for additional rebates if you reach the required out-of-pocket expense thresholds. You can also read more about these rebates and benefits here.