- Full Service Fertility & IVF Treatment Program – personally overseen by the Fertility Specialist of your choice, and includes customised IVF as well as other less invasive, and more budget friendly options
- Bulk Billed IVF Program – managed by a Fertility Doctor (on rotation) and our experienced nursing team. Designed by our Medical Director our Bulk Bill IVF program offers a safe and fixed moderate dose IVF treatment cycle
- Anonymous donor sperm
- Male infertility treatment (post vasectomy treatment options)
- Same-sex couples and single women treatment options (using donor sperm)
How much will my fertility tests cost?
Depending on your medical history a variety of tests will be recommended for you and your partner (if relevant). These may include blood tests that will investigate:
- Hormone levels (reproductive and thyroid function)
- Infectious diseases (e.g. HIV, Hep B & C, rubella)
- Chromosomal analysis (also known as karyotyping)
These tests are typically bulk billed if you have a Medicare Card.
There are some other tests that may be needed to give your Fertility Specialist a thorough understanding of your reproductive health. These may include:
- AMH test and ultrasound scan for the female partner
- Semen analysis for the male partner.
There will be some out-of-pocket costs associated with these depending on which pathology lab is used. There can be quite some variation in pricing, so you may want to phone your local pathology provider to find out their current pricing before having your tests.
Will my Private Health Insurance cover IVF treatment?
If you are in a private health fund, and have the appropriate level of cover, you may be eligible to claim a rebate for the following:
- Some medications
- A portion of the fees for your treating doctor when treated in hospital
- Hospital admission, anaesthetist and theatre fees.
We recommend that you contact your private health insurer to confirm your membership status and the benefits and rebates that would be available to you.
IVF and Medicare
At Life Fertility we try and keep your IVF costs as affordable as possible and pride ourselves on being accessible to all patients. Many treatments and services are eligible for a significant Medicare rebate and are often not as expensive as you might expect.
You and your partner should register for the Extended Medicare Safety Net (EMSN) so that you will be eligible for additional rebates if you reach the required out-of-pocket expense thresholds. You can also read more about these rebates and benefits here.
How much does Treatment Using Donor Sperm cost?
We have a comprehensive Anonymous Sperm Donor Program at Life Fertility. The Sperm Donor Program can be accessed through either our Bulk Billed or Full Service Program. There is no waiting list for treatment.
In addition to fees for your IVF treatment you can expect to pay the following fees:
- Anonymous Donor Sperm – $875 (per IVF treatment cycle)
- Coordination Fee – additional $670 (per IVF treatment cycle)