What measures is Life Fertility taking to avoid transmission of Coronavirus?
If you are attending the clinic in person, please be assured that Life Fertility is following all appropriate health recommendations and abiding by all government directives. This is evolving quickly – please know that we are also acting quickly.
We have additional hand sanitiser at all entry points and around the clinic and have increased the frequency of cleaning of common areas throughout the day.
Patients and staff who are unwell in any way will not be attending the clinic – we aim to minimise your exposure to any infectious disease.
We are also reducing the number of patients in the clinic at any one time to comply with the requirement for increased social distancing. We are doing this by:
- Reducing the number of procedures and scans we will schedule on any one day and increasing the time between them;
- Asking you to help us maintain social distancing – please do not come early to any appointments and to attend alone if possible (please don’t bring children or a support person); and
- Having tele-consults where possible (there may be a cost associated with some of these appointments – we will always inform you of these beforehand).
This means that if you are coming to the clinic you will see fewer patients than normal in our waiting room, and we ask that you sit over 1.5m apart.
Do I have to come to the clinic for appointments?
We are making free tele-consults available to all patients who would normally attend the clinic for doctor consultations and nurse interviews. Where appropriate our scientists will speak to you on the phone rather than in person.
Are there any additional precautions being taken for procedures?
We have infectious control procedures in place for all our scans and procedures.
We are also reducing the amount of time you will spend in the clinic before and after egg collections and embryo transfers. We will be communicating this individually to you before your procedure.
We normally recommend you bring a support person with you to procedures, but we kindly ask that if possible, you attend your procedures alone during this time.
Do I have to I delay my IVF treatment?
We are still open, and we are taking all possible precautions to keep you safe while you have treatment with us.
Egg collections and embryo transfers are continuing in our own treatment rooms.
As always, your treating doctor will be happy to answer all your questions and will recommend the appropriate treatment for you based on your individual circumstances.
Can I delay my pregnancy until the Coronavirus crisis passes?
Yes, if you are concerned about getting pregnant now, we recommend you create embryos and store them until you are ready.
How much does IVF treatment cost?
We are pleased to offer you Queensland’s lowest cost IVF. We have two treatment options for you to consider:
- Full Service IVF Program – your treatment will be personally managed by the Fertility Specialist of your choice, and can be tailored to suit your individual needs. More information including costs can be found here.
- Bulk Billed IVF Program – your treatment is managed on a rotational basis by one of our Fertility Doctors in close partnership with our experienced Fertility Nurses. More information about costs can be found here.
If I freeze all my embryos what are the storage fees?
We have 12 months free storage with all IVF cycles.
Can I transfer my embryos from interstate to Life Fertility?
We are sorry but we are unable to facilitate the transfer of your embryo(s) from interstate at this stage.
Our biggest priority is always to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff, so we do not want to encourage any non-essential travel.
We understand you may not wish to postpone treatment, however please be reassured that as your embryos are cryopreserved they will not age. Even though you may be getting older, your embryos will be in the same condition in 6 -12 months’ time.
It’s also important to know that although fertility clinics Australia wide may be offering reduced services, they will still be taking excellent care of your frozen embryos.
If you would like to book an appointment or make an enquiry please call us on +61 7 3606 3131 or complete the form below.